Here is an easy trick to remember Krebs cycle :
Organic Chemistry Is Only A Core Subject 'Cos Sience Fuels Life, Man
- Organic - Oxaloacetate
- Chemistry - Citrate
- Is - Iso-Citrate
- Only - Oxalosuccinate
- A Core - A-Ketoglutarate
- Subject ‘Cos - Succinyl CoA
- Science - Succinate
- Fuels - Fumarate
- Life, Man - L-Malate
- H2O is produced at steps 1 and 8, so remember 18 for water.
- CO2 is produced at steps 4 and 5 which are COnsecutive
- NAD+ is reduced at steps 3, 5 and 9: all odd numbers
- FAD+ is reduced at step 7, and 7 looks like a backwards F. Also an odd number, so all reductions are on odd numbers.
- GTP is produced at step 6 and G looks like a 6
- All reductions are catalysed by dehydrogenase enzymes named after the corresponding intermediate.
- Just synthetases, synthases and the other ones to memorise now