I feel it’s bit tricky to find interesting tricks to learn this list but it’s not an impossible feat. Below, I have listed down the fungi and some associated words that can be associated with real world. Now we stitch those pieces together in to an imaginary stories or events. There learning is split in to two parts as shown below.
Feel free to suggest if you have eaiser methods.
* Ustilago -: You stay still long ago
* Puccinia -: Pussy in a basket
* Neurospora -: New rose porridge
* Colletotrichum -: College to try some
* Penicillium -: Pencil
* Duteromycetes-alternaria -: Duelled to Remove My Seats
* Ascomycetes-clavisapes -: A Scooter got my seats from claws of apes
* Trichoderma -: The Rich Order Many
* Saccharomyces -: Soccer or my princess
* Basidiomycetes-agaricus -: Be here as I die on my sheets again
You stay still (and listen to this story). Long ago 10 Pussy in a basket had some New rose porridge and went to College to try some Pencil. And Duelled to Remove My Seats. Then A Scooter got my seats from claws of apes.
The Rich Order Many to Be here as I die on my sheets again for Soccer or my princess
*the number 10 in Part 1 indicates that we have a total of 10 items in the list. Such markers are very helpful to verify that we have written all the full lists during exam time.
Tip: Repetition of the fungi list is key here. Simply say the names of the fungi many times out loud or in your mind to familiarize with the sound of the terms (but no need to memorize them). Later when you recall our story the brain will find it easy to associate to the related fungi in a flash.